10.14.2009

vegas, for the bathroom


Las Vegas is Everyman's cut-rate Babylon. Not far away there is, or was, a roadside lunch counter and over it a sign proclaiming in three words that a Roman emperor's orgy is now a democratic institution. "Topless Pizza Lunch." ~Alistair Cooke

My second trip to Vegas was not for the ordinary reasons, Nate and i decided the best way to work recording back into our busy lives was to take a trip dedicated to making music. I remembered amazing acoustics in a bathroom at the resort i stayed in on my first trip. The album we were working on was a bit more honest and had lyrics about Nate's favorite subject, People sucking. I figured what better place to go for inspiration than sunny Las Vegas. In retrospect I realize Nate really doesn't need help harnessing what bugs him about modern lifestyle. It was blazing hot and the bathroom did indeed have great acoustics, It was a perfect trip.

Mirror Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment