This gallery is the first shots I tried with the ringlight I built. I had noticed a few pictures that had an amazing lack of shadow, and a funny highlight in the subjects eyes. A few google searches later I was in love with ringlights. These systems can be really pricey... most of them are strobe based anyhow and I had still not dipped my feet in the flash pool at this point. I basiclly went off all half cocked to home depot and bought 40 dollars worth of bulbs and worklamps. I had an old tennis raquet I attached the lights too which gave me "shoot through ringlight". I also had a crappy tripod that was previously re-purposed as a mic stand. So with my hillbilly light rig I sat down and took so pics of my face and a few of Stuart to test. I was pretty excited with the results and I threw this gallery up that evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment